Our Pre-Arrangement Specialist
Lisa Wooten is a licensed funeral director with many years of experience in funeral service. Her role is to guide you and your family in making informed decisions about advance planning. She will be glad to help in qualifying for Medicaid “spend downs” as well as other options in protecting your family and your assets.
Today more people recognize how planning their arrangements in advance is an important part of estate planning. There are several good reasons to plan in advance. First, this thoughtful act reduces the stress of indecision and uncertainty on the part of survivors when a death occurs. Secondly, there may be no one who is capable of making decisions on a person’s behalf. Furthermore, if you choose to pre-pay, there is peace of mind knowing funds will be adequate to cover final expenses. Pre-funding is also essential when applying for SSI / Medicaid benefits. Most importantly, pre-arrangement allows open discussion and rational decisions to be made ahead of time. Fill out our preplanning form to begin preplanning now, or feel free to contact us for an appointment with our pre-arrangement specialist or one of our funeral directors.
POINTS TO CONSIDER WHEN PLANNING IN ADVANCE
- Choose a reputable funeral company with a solid track record in the community.
- Consider the needs of the living. Your thoughtfulness enables survivors to participate in a meaningful final tribute that helps them grieve and gives them comfort.
- Like any contract, before signing, read it carefully and make sure you understand all the provisions. Ask questions.
- Keep a copy of your plan in a safe place. Inform a close family member or friend that you have made arrangements and where the documents are kept.
- Put everything in writing that you discuss, and get copies for you and your family.
TRANSFERRING PRE-ARRANGEMENTS TO OR FROM HALL-WYNNE
Pre-funded arrangements may be transferred for any reason from any funeral provider, where previously made, to Hall-Wynne and Gentry-Newell & Vaughan. Likewise, if you relocate away from our area, your secured funds will be paid 100% to the servicing funeral provider at the time of need.